The virtues and specialities of Qasidah Burdah.
The virtues of Qasidah Burdah are innumerable.
Some of its virtues (and specialties as appear in famous kitabs) are mentioned here:
- For blessings in life (1ong life) recite 1001 times.
- For the removal of difficulties recite 71 times.
- To remove drought recite 300 times.
- For wealth and riches recite 700 times.
- To have male children recite 116 times.
- To make easy all difficult tasks recite 771 times.
- Whoever recites it daily or has someone else recite it9 and thereafter makes damm (blow) on him, will be safeguarded from all hardships.
- Whoever recites it once daily and makes damm blow on his children, they will be blessed with long life.
- Whoever recites it 17 times on a Thursday evening for 7 weeks will become pious and wealthy.
- Whoever recites it in his bedroom for any work or special purpose, that purpose will be shown to him in a dream.
- Whoever recites it 41 times in an old cemetery for 40 days, his enemies will be destroyed.
- Whoever reads it once daily on rosewater for 7 days and gives it to someone to drink, that persons memory will increase tremendously.
- Whoever is afflicted with a great calamity or hardship, should keep 3 fasts and daily recite it 21 times.
- Whoever writes it with musk and saffron and hangs it around his neck, will be safeguarded from seventy afflictions and difficulties. The house in which it is read 3 times daily, will be protected from most difficulties.
- If a person has important work, he should recite it 26 times on the night of Jumah (Thursday evening) and give 26 things in charity.
- The house in which this qasidah is kept, will be safe-guarded from thieves, etc.
- Whoever recites it 7000 times in his lifetime, will live up to the age of one hundred years.
- Whoever reads it over rose water and sprinkles it over his clothes, will become respected and loved by the creation of Allah Ta’alaa. On a journey if recited once daily, one will be protected from ail hardships of travel.
- Whoever Is in debt should recite it 1000 times.
- If someone reads it 41 times, or has someone else read it for him on the night of Jumuah, for a certain aim or purpose, will have his aim or purpose fulfilled.
- Whoever wishes to know whether he will derive benefit or harm from a journey9 should read the qasidah 3 times, and before reading it, he should recite durood Shareef 1000 times He will thereafter be informed in a dream by Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam whether it would be beneficial or harmful to travel.
- Whoever wishes to know the condition of a traveller, should recite the Qasidah 3 times together with durood Shareef on a Thursday night.
- To remove the evil effect of jinn, read once daily for 40 days and make damm (blow) on the affected person.
- If a child is born, then read it 9 times on sea water and bath the child with it. The child will be saved from all types of calamities.
- For labour pains (child birth), read 3 times and blow on rose water. Mix the rose water with ordinary water and drink it. Place a little on the loins as well and ease will be experienced immediately.
- Whoever reads it once after embarking on a ship and passes through a severe storm, will be safeguarded. whoever is imprisoned, should recite it continuously and he will be freed.
- If land is infertile, read and make damm (blow) on the seeds, thereafter plant them, abundant crops will grow.
- If farmlands are infested or plagued with locusts, then read it 7 times on sand and sprinkle it through the lands. wherever the sand falls, that land will not be infested again.
The house in which this qasidah is read regularly will be saved from seven things: From the evil of Jinn. From plague and epidemics. From smallpox. From diseases of the eyes. From misfortune. From insanity. From sudden death. The house in which this qasidah is read daily, its inhabitants will also be bestowed with seven benefits: Long life. Abundance in sustenance. Good health. Help (from Allah). One will see the NUR (splendour) of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. Wealth. Happiness and contentment.
In conclusion we find that for whatever purpose “Qasidah Burdah” is read, InShaaAllah that purpose will be fulfilled, with the precondition that ones earnings and food is halaal. One also becomes constant in eating, sleeping, and talking less.
May Allah Ta’alaa through His infinite grace and mercy accept this humble effort, grant us death with Iman, bestow us, our Ma’shaykh, and our families, eternal love for Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam through the blessings of this qasidah. Ameen Ya Rabul Ameen.